Sunday 15 August 2010

Wedding Dress

So here are the pictures of the wedding dress I made for my friend. It took a while but i got there in the end. As you can see my friend is not the traditional bride and choose to have a gold skirt with a maroon bodice (which had sequined flowers on the side). I felt very honoured to make her dress and the final product was well worth waiting for. Considering this was my first wedding dress i am really pleased with the outcome. I've been dressmaking for 20 years now and so far have really concentrated on making for myself and my family so this was a challenge. I really enjoyed making this dress and hopefully it has now given me the confidence to expand my horizons. Let me know what you think, please leave a comment. Oh yes to top it off  realised on the Friday that myself and my 9year old didn't have anything to wear so i made a couple of dresses, and my 16 year old made her own too.

No comments:

Post a Comment